I have 27 years of experience working as a psychologist and psychoanalytically trained psychotherapist 17 years of which was in private practice in South Africa. In South Africa I was the Consultant Psychologist for the Heart Foundation of South Africa and one of their panel of experts. I am a Cognitive Analytic Therapist and an EMDR Practitioner. I have worked in New Zealand where I was part of a community mental health team and then as a manager of a family counselling and psychotherapy centre. In the UK I worked as the lead Principal Clinical Psychologist in an Acute Psychiatric Unit and also in the in-patient Eating Disorder Unit. I also worked for a brief time in children's services and then in a brain injury unit. I was the Consultant Clinical Psychologist at The Tuke Centre, The Retreat, York for 18 months but now work mainly in my private practice. I love my job and am increasingly aware that mental health services are stretched beyond capacity. This has resulted in long waiting times for services.
My private practice will give you the opportunity to receive professional help sooner rather than later. In short my aim is to help you on your journey to wellness.
I work with a wide range of problems. See here for more details.
- Personal, family and general relationship difficulties
- Individual, Couple, Family, Parenting work
- Consultancy for companies
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Psychometric and cognitive assessments
- Anxiety, depression, phobias, OCD
- Adjustment to/after physical illness
- Trauma, abuse, PTSD, R-Tep (immediately post trauma); G-Tep (for groups) (EMDR accredited practitioner)
- Licensed assessor of Autisim Spectrum Disorder (ASD) using the DISCO
- Eating disorders
- Stress management
- Grief, loss
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy